Kilpisjärven Ladut ry
Snowmobile permit terms and conditions
- You must keep your permit and trail map with you at all times. Maps can be obtained by showing your permit at Neste petrol station in Kilpisjärvi, Lapland Hotel Kilpis, Majatalo Haltinmaa, Kilpisjärvi Hiking Center, Arctic Polar Holiday Village, or Tundrea Holiday Resort.
- Kilpisjärven Ladut sells snowmobile permits for the trails which it maintains.
- The permit is only valid once it has been paid for. The permit type and the time period for which it is valid are shown on the permit.
- The permit gives the bearer permission to drive on designated snowmobile trails maintained by Kilpisjärven Ladut whenever there is snow cover (see map).
- You must keep your permit with you as well as any specific terms and conditions related to it.
- The bearer of the permit is responsible for any accident they or their vehicle may cause.
- The permit will be revoked immediately if the bearer breaches these terms and conditions or does not obey existing off-road transport regulations or instructions.
- The bearer of the permit drives a snowmobile under the terms and conditions of the permit at their own risk, and the permit must be shown on request to any patrolling authority.
- The permit will be revoked if the bearer breaches these terms and conditions or off-road transport law.
Snowmobilers must respect the environment:
Do not waste resources, do not litter, and do not make excessive noise; always take your litter with you, and be respectful of others also enjoying the outdoors.